Desktop stir plate kit
Kit for making a desktop lab stir plate suitable for preparation of buffers, reagents, media and any application requiring continuous stirring. Can be used with many types of lab glassware such as beakers and flasks. This is an easy to assemble kit. No soldering is required and all necessary tools are included with the kit. See the project online documentation for assembly instructions.
Stir Plate Features
- 4.5" x 4.5" surface area for beakers, flasks, cylinders and other glassware.
- The stir plate surface is a smooth, white material (0.5" thick delrin/acetal).
- For use with glassware with a base diameter of up to 11mm max (typically up to and including most 1L size flasks).
- Height: 2.5", Weight: 15 oz.
- Multiple color options are available for the base.
- Uses a pair of strong neodymium magnets. The stir plate is designed so that the magnet hub sits close to the stir bar (approx. 1/8" distance between magnets and bottom of flask).
- Stir-plate has a variable speed control to allow for a range of speed from very slow to very rapid mixing.
- A blue LED indicator displays whether the stir-plate is on.
A complete list of all kit components can be found in the Online Documentation.
- Speed control PCB - assembled
- 3V motor
- Mechanical components including the motor mount, magnet hub, stirplate top and acrylic enclosure
- Hardware, magnets and tools for assembly
- Kit also includes a 1" long PTFE stir bar and 250 mL beaker so you can get started using the stir plate
- 3V power supply included
Open Source Design Files
The design files for this kit are published under open source licenses. See the Documentation site for more information. Additional links are included below to the open source design files used in this project.